HIGHER SECONDARY SECTION
Students who have passed X Std in SSLC Examinations or C.B.S.E. or Anglo-Indian School Leaving Certificate examination can seek admission for Std XI.
Part I - Tamil / Hindi / Sanskrit / French
Part II - English
The following Groups are being offered by the school in class XI and XII
Engineering & Medical
Group Code-IA : Physics, Chemistry, General Maths, Comp. Science.
Group Code-IB : Physics, Chemistry, General Maths, Biology
Business & Commerce
Group Code-III A : Accountancy, Commerce, Economics, Comp. Application
Group Code-III B : Accountancy, Commerce, Economics, Business Maths
GENERAL RULES & REGULATION
High School & Higher Secondary Section
The working day is divided into two sessions.
- The morning session is from 8.30 a.m. to 12.20 p.m.
- The Evening session is from 12.50 p.m. to 4.20 p.m.
KG & Primary SECTION
L.K.G. & U.K.G. Classes
- The Morning session is from 09.00 a.m. - 12.20 p.m.
- The Evening session is from 12.50 p.m. to 02.40 p.m.
STANDARD I & II
- The Morning session is from 09.00 a.m. - 12.20 p.m.
- The Evening session is from 12.50 p.m. to 02.50 p.m.
STANDARD III - V
- The Morning session is from 08.50 a.m. - 12.20 p.m.
- The Evening session is from 12.50 p.m. to 03.40 p.m.
- Students must maintain punctuality. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action against the students.
- A student will be allowed to leave the class room only with the permission of the class teacher and the school premises with the permission of the Principal or Co- ordinators.
- Students must be regular in attendance. Students without adequate attendance will be stopped from appearing for promotion examination. In general the students will be discouraged from taking leave for various functions and in this respect we expect full support and co-operation from the parents.
- Leave of absence must be obtained before hand in writing. In case of unforeseen circumstances the parent may send a letter for leave to the Class Teacher informing the name and class in which the student is studying.
- Names of students remaining absent for more than a week, without intimation will be struck off the rolls without notice.
- Parents desiring their child / children to return home for any reason during school hours are requested to send a letter to that effect through a responsible person, if they are not able to come in person.
ASSESSMENT TESTS AND EXAMINATIONS
Examinations and Promotions
- There are THREE Examinations as detailed in the calendar. In addition to this, ASSESSMENT TESTS will be conducted every month. Marks obtained in periodic assessment and terminal examinations will be taken into account for promotion. No retest or re-exam will be conducted for absence during assessment. A minimum of 50%marks is to be obtained in every subject for promotion.
- The PTA meetings will be conducted after every terminal examination, when the progress report of the examination along with the remarks of the class teacher will be shown to the parents. Hence the parents should attend these meeting without fail.
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- Students should maintain strict discipline within the school premises.
- All Students should come to the school in neat prescribed uniform. The shoes must be well polished and the stockings must be clean.
- The class rooms and the school premises in general should be neat and tidy. Scribbling on walls, scattering bits of paper, damaging the furniture and the school property etc., are strictly forbidden. Students who indulge in such acts are liable to be admonished and charged for damage.
- Irregular attendance, truancy, disobedience and habitual neglect of studies should be avoided.
- Pupils themselves are responsible for the safe keeping of their belongings. Wearing of expensive jewellery or ornaments is discouraged and the institution will not be responsible for the loss of such things.
- Students who come by cycle should park their cycle in an orderly manner. Parents are requested to discourage their wards from using motorized two wheelers.
- Students,who come by motorized two-wheelers will not be permitted to attend school.
TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
- Parents are requested to read all the informations given in the diary.
- Students should be punctual to school.
- Parents should drop and pick up their wards on time.
- Students who come in neat uniform will be given a star.
- Parents should take care that the buttons on the uniforms are intact.
- At the primary level students should avoid using zips or safety pins.
- Students should have a name tag on their school bag and lunch bag.
- Students should bring their spoon, towel & water bottles.
- At the primary level, parents are advised to train their wards to take their lunch on their own.
- Parents are advised to follow the hygiene and diet chart given on page 143.
- Parents can meet the class teacher after working hours.
- Parents are requested to help the school authorities in making the children acquire sound knowledge, character and good conduct.
- Parents are requested to be in constant touch with the teachers for all-round improvement of their children.
- The Parents - Teacher Association of this school is playing a significant role in the developmental activities of the school and the parents may use this forum to offer their suggestions for the improvement of education and other activities.For the benefit of parents, we have published the names of the Office bearers of the association in this diary.
- Parents / Guardians are advised to read their ward's diary every day and ensure that the lessons prescribed and the home work assigned are properly read /done by their ward.
- As the medium of instruction in the school is English, children should be helped to follow their classes easily and intelligently by a certain amount of regular English conversation at home.